Friday, January 5, 2018

Blekko ,, a new kind of socially search engine



     New search engine Blekko is a full search engine indexing the entire web their goal is to compete with the big guys with Google being in yahoo but they have some really some really interesting features and their approach is unique which I think gives them possible chance in a very competitive space .
Blekko is a search engine that focuses on blocking spam and low-quality content sites the site has a smaller library of websites that it searches compared to other search engines in order to filter for only quality search results let's say we want to search for scholarships when you finish your search Blekko will display your results below you can sort your results by date or relevance and choose a different search option .


what makes Blekko different than the other search engines ?


The first thing you know about Blekko is that their idea is that when you search that you will want to refine your search maybe vertically into a certain group or of sites or type of sites and refine it in other ways as well and let's give some visual example so if you did a search for dell and we see is her relatively normal standard very familiar-looking search results for dell this is 1 to 20 of 156,000 websites it's automatically sorted by relevance if you'd like I can do a sort by date by using what they call it the saj tag this is one of the built in ones and this is now a reformat of the results by date and the date is they grabbed this family get the metadata around the content that they're indexing to try to figure out the date that it is um that it's been published but there are other types of / tags as well and i can use summer all of them so i can just go do a search for dell and then add a / type news and get news results from a variety of sites .
It's a really easy way to get past a lot of the spam and get directly to the results you want and I think that heavy search users might really like this Blanco also is very transparent with how they rank websites and they'll show you all the data that they have so let's say I do a search for TechCrunch and the top result is techcrunch com which is great I can click on SEO and I can see some of the data behind a techcrunch that bloody uses to index it so they show 782 thousand in bound links they show distribution by the links by state country as additional data the domain is techcrunch com his last crawled 14 hours ago it was first seen by them 114 days ago .



we've got a feature called / tags and a tag is away for you to tell blekko to basically in the sites you want and out the ones you don't so you could put a slash tag on a query like I could do a query like Scoble / blogs and actually just search blogs I could say Scoble / date just search the web sorted by date for mentions of of you how could you do / goble but get rid of all the mentions of Alex Kobo who's my brother you know i think we probably could make a tag to do that that would yeah we have slashed aggregation as well so and that's what it's all about it's about searching the web you want so like when I do a health query I don't like to get results from non-health sites I don't like to see demand media results in my health queries I don't want eat how calm in there when i'm doing a health Corey can I want trusted health articles written by actual positions people with you know MD after their name and so when I put / health on a health query i'm basically restricting the web down to this trusted set of sources and for some queries that's really important yeah it seems to me the world today is that some things about the world that are different from when Google started up when we have real-time information Twitter and Facebook and LinkedIn and Google Buzz Twitter now it's streaming down my screen on tweetdeck right in live time mm-hmm we have location you know we have a lot of data around located .


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Best Google Maps Alternatives You Should Try !

     Today we will talk about five of the best Google Maps alternatives you should try ,, Google Maps is good let's just get that...